Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog #4

I thought that obtaining ice cube to be particularly easy to do. There weren’t any super hard times, besides maybe when I was at work it was little more difficult but not too hard. I hated lying to my family and my friends and not being able to tell them about my “addiction”.
That was the hardest part of this simulation. I can really see now how addicts can lose the people they care about because they aren’t able to tell them about
what is going on in their life. My actions kind of surprised me because I always had to wait for my family to leave the kitchen before I could get anything to
drink or get ice. My family and friends never noticed any changes in my behavior and never questioned anything that I did. I found that to be very
interesting that no one noticed anything different about me. I am now able to see how parents can be surprised to find out about their child using drugs. I
can really come to a shock to some people when they find out that their kid is
using drugs because they never saw it coming. I think that doing this
simulation was very helpful and made me realize that you may never know if
someone is using drugs or has an addiction to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment