Friday, February 17, 2012

Blog #5

A topic that I was super interested in this week in psychology was Piaget's stages of development. I found his stages to be appealing and worth looking into. I stages that I found to be the most interesting was the sensorimotor and the preoperational stages. I found two videos that helped me learn more about these stages and demonstrate them.
The first video that I found was on sensorimotor and demonstrating object permanence. Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdLNuP7OA8&feature=g-hist&context=G29426c3AHTz8VagAJAA The video shows how a child under one will really think that an object is gone and will also lose interested in the object when they think that the object is no longer there. In this video they also show how a kids with a little object permanence will always think that they object is in the same place that they found it before, even if they see that you have placed it under a different cloth. I found this video interesting and thought that it did a great job at showing what object permanence is. I love seeing how children act and playing different games like this with them.
Another video that I found was on the children in the preoperational and their take on conservation. Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtLEWVu815o. This video does and excellent job at showing how kid in the preoperation stage think that that they have more of something just by altering one small thing. I love the part when they move the quarters and the little girl thinks that there are more in the line that is spread out more. I found that to be very funny. I would have to say that the gram cracker part to be very interesting and that young children think that can two think although they only have one and they watched you break it in half.
Both of these video I think are great representations of these two stages and how kids develop from year to year. I love learning about development and learning about the growth of children. I can't wait to try some of these things with my own children someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment